Thursday, October 6, 2011

Parker @ 7 Months!

My baby boy is 7 months old!

Along with perfect, wonderful, and way better than sliced bread, Parker has added momma's boy, mini-fit having, and screamer to his resume. Here's all about our Parker @ 7 months!

DSC_6965 7 months

  • Parker finally has a neck. Sometimes. He's still our little chunky monkey, but since he's started moving around and being vertical more, he looks thinner. Or perhaps he's just gotten even tall which makes him look that way. I'm not sure nor do I care. He is perfect as is! We think he's around 21ish pounds and probably at least 30 inches by now. He wears size 4 diapers and 12-18 month clothes.
  • DSC_6962 edited

  • Parker's favorite thing to do (when not being held and loved on by mommy) is sit on the floor with uninterrupted access to his basket of toys! He loves to pick through them one by one, give them all a good taste and a minute or two of playtime, and then move on the next treasure he finds. He also loves his jumperoo! He's really enjoying making it bounce lately and will stay in it for a long time so long as mommy doesn't come into site. If that happens, its game over. (Noticing a trend?)
  • DSC_7030 edited

  • New things this month: sitting up in the bathtub and taking a bath with his sisters. They all love taking a bath together. I have to remind the girls constantly that he's a real baby, not a baby doll with hair they can wash (that's code for dumping water on him). He also loves it outside! We couldn't spend hardly anytime outside this summer due to the extreme heat, but we're making up for it this fall!
  • While my Parker loves his babyfood, he's been spending every meal time sqwacking and carrying on like crazy! I find myself telling him 'no' and 'quiet' as if he understands. I'm really not sure why he does this. Sometimes I think he's frustrated with not being able to hold the spoon and bowl himself. We've started giving him a spoon to dip into his food because that seems to help some. But mostly, we just have really loud dinner times at our house! I'll admit that at times it is enough to send me right over the edge, but I'm always mindful that in the blink of an eye my sweet babies will be grown and I'll be begging for just one more sqwack-filled dinner. :)
  • DSC_6989 edited

  • Since last month, I've made our little man several news types of babyfood to try. I've pureed several of our dinners for him, right before I've added the seasoning/spice. He really enjoys tetrazzi, homeade chicken noodle soup, roast and noodle pasta, and lasagna. I've also made him creamy parmasean cauliflower, butternut squash with ginger and cinnamon, cinnamon applesauce, and parmasean zucchini, summer squash, and new potatoes. Thanks to Tyler Florence, Parker's been eating gourmet (and much fancier than the rest of the E's I might add). Parker only takes 3 bottles a day and is really good at using his sippy cup with only a little help from us.
  • DSC_7047 edited

  • We've gotten rid of the infant seat. Woohoo! He loves his new big carseat! We had to rearrange our carseat situation in our car at the same time which means the girls are in the 3rd row now! Lookout! P enjoys car rides and loves going for walks in the wagon. That is usually how I get through our fussy times.
  • DSC_6969 edited bw

  • The love affair with momma not only continues, but has gotten strnger if that's possible. He's always reaching for me or crying his drama king cry if I walk in a room and don't pick him up. Its not only the cutest thing I've seen, but its totally the most pitiful cry-face ever. Who know babies could be such manipulators?!? ;)
  • DSC_7040 edited

  • WARNING: We have a scooter on our hands! Parker has been getting up on his hands and knees and rocking for a long time now, but he's started scooting around recently! He's been doing this thing where he frantically kicks his legs like crazy for a while now. It is the funniest thing. Anytime you pick him up, sit him in his highchair...basically anytime he's not sitting on his legs or sleeping, his legs are kicking. This behavior made a little more sense when he learned to scoot by kicking his legs like crazy! No purposeful planned movements needed to get around. Just flail around like a crazy thing and you'll be across the floor to any toy you want in no time. :) Pulling up on someone's hands or legs is also I new skill...yikes!
  • DSC_6981 edited

  • I love this little boy to pieces...BUT I'm beginning to wonder if two girls didn't properly prepare me for one little boy. Time will tell, but oh my. He's so strong, determined as ever, has no idea of his own size or ability (no baby does, but usually a 7 month old isn't as strong or into everything as an older baby would be. :) ), and is into anything and everything within reach. I've had my earrings pulled out several times, fed him a bottle the other night while he held onto my nose for dear life, and am usually slapped in the face (literally) at least once a day. Needless to say, we are already working on gentle touches. I'm also wondering if there is some universal rule out there that says little boys start going crazy right around the 6 month mark. Cause I gotta tell ya...things have definitely been different since then. Anyone? Testosterone surely kicks in later, right?!? :)

DSC_7036 edited

Parker boy, you are such a joy to our family. All your sweetness and recent crazinessis is so loved us! Those eyes and your sweet smile absolutely melt our hearts. We love you so much!

1 comment: