Thursday, September 1, 2011

Bitty Ballerinas

Gabby and Lilly took their first dance class this week! They elle oh vee eed it!
Here are my bitty ballerinas before we left for class:

DSC_6488 edited

As a former dance student myself, I can say with certainty that they are most definitely advanced. As you can see they are already doing a passe and partial courtesy move. They must get it from me! (HA!)

DSC_6491 edited with words


My Gabby Girl...just waiting to go in the studio

DSC_6492 edited

My Lilly Girl...still waiting

DSC_6493 edited

I love this picture! It is totally messed up in terms of lighting, distortion, white balance, you name it. BUT, I just love it!

DSC_6495 edited

Showing me their 'L' and 'G' leotards.

DSC_6497 edited

Lilly's my nail biter and this new class was definite reason to bite a few nails. (I know its gross, but its just her.) :)

DSC_6500 edited

This is Gabby and Lilly (G in front) getting ready to walk into the studio. Yes, they were first in line, totally attentive to their dance instructor, and holding hands for dear life.

DSC_6505 edited

G & L loved dance class! They go for about an hour and do both ballet and tap during that time. Parents are not allowed in the studio except during certain weeks of the year so I don't have photos from inside the class. I will share those as soon as I have them. Also, is it bad of me that I already can't wait until next June when they have their first recital?!? This growing up business is seriously hard (on the mommas), but oh my goodness is it exciting!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I can't wait for this! They look so pretty and grown up with their hair pulled up like that! I had no idea dance classes were that long! I thought they were just a couple months! That is a long time to wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your comments on 9-11. Always wonderful to see the little "E's" and read your thoughts...Keep writing will be a
    lasting treasure for your children !! J G

    ReplyDelete