After checking in and getting a little settled, we were off to the water park! Of course we all needed to check it out a little bit so I didn't take pictures that night. Have no fear though, the next day I was enough momarazzi to make up for it!
This is Parker happy in the water area. The boy really does love water. What he doesn't like it being introduced to the great big fodge with a large bucket of water being dumped on him. Yes, it happened. Not that gigantic bucket I showed in the last post, but a small one. We had seriously just stepped into the water the first night when Shaun hesitated for one minute holding P. Wouldn't you know that the bucket dumped at exactly that moment. None of us had noticed the buckets before then. Our sweet P became quite the angry little elf. Three very serious-I-mean-business sortof screams came from him and then he was fine again. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the boy has a wee bit of drama to him.
He did so well, but the water took it out of him. If he wasn't sleeping while in the waterpark, he could be found yawning.
These girls were not easy to tire though. They didn't have much interest in the slides, but loved the shallow pool where they could be in the water freely. They gained a lot of confidence during our trip and left GWL in love with wearing their lifejackets. An accessory for swimming! What's not to love?!?
Gabby above and Lilly below riding the jet skis. (Don't worry, they didn't actually move.)
Each night the kids can gather in the pajamas for the clock tower show and story time. The teacher in my liked this part of the day best of all! Besides, what's cuter than lots of kids in pjs?!?
Each family also had the opportunity to take a picture with Wylie the Woof! I'm lovin' Gabby's expression...
We all slept hard that night! The next morning we had a wonderful breakfast. It was a buffet with made to order omlets, waffles, fruit, eggs, yogurt, et. Basically anything breakfast-y you can think of. Yall've (definitely not a word) probably heard about G & L's love of breakfast food so getting to have their usually waffles & eggs & pears & apple juice (yes I make that for them every morning) away from home was such a treat! Right after breakfast, we got back in the water!
I'm pretty sure those fountains just drenched P in this picture.
We finally put him in the middle of the fountains because he kept gtting sprayed otherwise.
After 30 minutes of playing, he was ready for his morning nap. I have lots of favs, but I'm thinking this little P-in-a-towel pic might be my all-time favorite of Parker so far. And no, even though I can edit the heck outta some eyes to make them look like this, his eyes are naturally this pretty. :)
Fading fast...
Gabby & Lilly were still at it. Gabby became more and more adventurous each day. Here she is up a little lifeguard stand pulling a rope making water pour on the people below. Parker didn't think it was very nice of her. ;)
It was time for lunch and naps. We had lunch in our room and then put the girls down. An hour and many giggle fests later, Shaun and I told them to get up and join us in the hall. When we travel with our kiddos, Shaun and I spend lots of time in the hall during naptime and also from the time the kids go to bed until we are ready to. We usually travel with games or something else to do. Lucky for us our sweet travel friends John & Michelle joined us in the hall at night. I think we finally went to bed around 1:45am, but oh my goodness we have so much fun with them!
Back to the nap that wasn't...the girl came out and we enjoyed an oreo cupcake. Ashleigh, John and Michelle's daughter, was with us too, but she wasn't up for the photo op.
The story behind the oreo cupcakes. So, as if I didn't have enough to do getting ready for this little vaca, I decided to make oreo cupcakes. I found the recipe on this new website I'm addicted to and thought we'd all enjoy them on our trip. I think I finished them up around midnight the evening before we left. They were all packaged into my cupcake taker and tucked away for safe travels. So we got to GWL and load up the carts to take our luggage in. We had 2 carts and off we went. We walked about 10 feet and BAM! My oreo cupcakes took a header right onto the parking lot pavement. Shaun and I exchange a few not so loving words, put the cupcakes back on the cart and take off again. Ten more feet and BAM! Cupcake taker dives off the cart again. At this point I was pretty sure I had oreo cupcake mush.
I was right.
Mush or not, these little gems were delish! (I should also say that the cupcake taker with about 5 leftover oreo cupcakes fell FOUR more times on the way back out to the car when we were packing to go home. My dear husband also tells me that it aggrevated him a little bit so he decided to kick it after the fourth and final fall.) I'm not sure how, but it made it home in one piece.
More naptime fun...it was time for the girly girls to have some fun! Michelle and I let our girlies get 'wolf locks' put in their hair. Ashleigh got a hot pink and black one that looked like a feather. Gabby wanted a purple wavy lock and Lilly a pink wavy lock. I still can't believe I allowed it, but they were really excited about their pink and purple hair.
After wolf locks, we made princess wands! Here is Lilly, and her fake smile, making her wand. G & L are used to doing crafts with me so I don't have to watch every move they make. So, while I was helping Gabby and looking around the little gift shop, Lilly was really doing up her wand!

As we say around our home, more is more!
Lilly's wand is on the left. Gabby's is on the right. I should also say that Gabby hadn't piled her wand high until I started giving Lilly attention for her's. :)
After the boys woke up, we headed to the Rainforest Cafe!
Love this picture! Love these babies!
We all loved watching the elephants while we ate! We were right by them!
Balloon animals! Our girls asked for elephants (like the hardest animal ever I'm thinking) and Ashleigh wanted a butterfly. Blake & Caleb, John and Michelle's twin boys, got swords!
'Hi mom!'
After a fun filled getaway, we piled up on the fireplace hearth and took one last picture. To me Parker looks like he's saying 'ta-da!' here!
We had so much fun with our family and our good friends! We can't wait to spend more time with the Graves again really soon! We also had a blast at the 'Great ig Fodge'! Lilly was terribly upset when we left and almost made it back into the water fully clothed. We will definitely be back very soon!






















No comments:
Post a Comment