Friday, January 21, 2011

Watercolor!

Gabby and Lilly received watercolors as Christmas gifts for the first time this year. I was really tenative to let them try it out because I just thought it would be over their heads However, if you know Gabby and Lilly, they can be quite determind when they want to do something. So, when they insisted on 'usin' dos paints' I caved and decided to let them try it out. Little did I know they would be pros!

Gabby concentrating so hard. She was 'makin' my G for me' as she says!

Lilly totally lost in her creation. I love her little smile. You can tell she's enjoying herself.

Little hands hard at work.

They actually painted 8 pages together and had paint on the majority of the paper. I was able to fold them into greeting cards and write little thank you letters to send to family members for all of Gabby and Lilly's Christmas presents. Watercolor is definitely sticking around our house for a while!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Oh I can't imagine giving my girls PAINT! They do enough damage with crayons. Guess the next step will be markers... like a few years down the road ;) Hope you're feeling well! Can't wait to see how little Parker will fit into the mix!

    Great pictures, by the way! (Yes... you're one of those mommy/photographer/bloggers that I've been jealous of and trying to be more like! Haha! I'll keep working at it! Thanks for the inspiration!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that and yet you still look beautiful!! Hang in there...can't wait for Parker..XOXO Love, Aunt Chrissy

    ReplyDelete