Thursday, January 20, 2011

33 Weeks

  • How far along: 33 weeks
  • Size of Baby Parker: approximately 5lbs 7oz and yeah that's huge! Gabby was only 5lbs 6oz at birth. Supposedly his estimated weight is within 12oz of his actual weight. And, in case you are as worried as I was that I was on track to have a 12 pound baby, the ultrasound tech said that if I make it to 39 weeks, he will probably weigh between 8 1/2 and 9 pounds at birth. I can't even imagine a baby that big!
  • Weight gain: I've stopped caring to remember. I know that I gained a lot, lost some, gained a normal amount, blah, blah, blah. I'm just hoping that like last time it all comes off within a few weeks.
  • How I'm feeling: Like I'm ready to have a baby anyday. I feel sloshy, sloppy, and achy. Oh, wait. You wanted me to give you a nicey, nice answer. Well, I feel great. It is totally awesome being gigantic and having to carry on day to day. I'm so lucky that I can still move with great ease. Bending over is no problem. Picking up the girls is easy-peasy. And you wouldn't even believe how well my clothes still fit. It also is wonderful to feel my uterus squeezing all day long like someone has a vice around my mid-section. Pregnancy is pure bliss! That's all the pretend I have in me tonight, folks.
  • Cravings: Orange juice, vanilla frozen yogurt with oreos, and iced tea with lemon.
  • Non-stress tests: I go in for these every Monday and Thursday. So far they've been alright. We've struggled to get Baby Parker's heartbeat to accelerate the correct number of time. On Monday it took almost an hour and a half. They tried buzzing him with this little instrument they used and even gave me a soda to drink to try to stir him up. His heartbeat also drops about 40 bpm during my contractions. Even though they tell me this is 'normal' it is really unsettling to me. I have another one of these tests tomorrow. Hopefully it goes better.
  • Latest ultrasound: We had an ultrasound two days ago. Parker looked good. Everything seemed normal, other than the polyhydramnios. They were able to see him practicing breathing movements which is a good sign. My fluid number, which was 29 at our last ultrasound, is 30 so that means it is stable. Normally at this stage during pregnancy it is going down and mine clearly isn't, but at least its not increasing. My specialist very blatantly told me that I probably wouldn't make it to 39 weeks because of the fluid. He also discussed some issues I may have during surgery, like hemorraging, because of being so stretched out. Hopefully we can avoid that!
  • Next appointment: I see my regular OB tomorrow. I have lots of concerns and worries that I'm hoping to discuss with him. I'm also going to beg, plead, and cry for him to move my c-section date up a week. I'm terrified of having another doctor do my surgery! I'll let you know how things go!
  • And lastly, I know you can't tell by this post, but I really am so thankful and blessed to have this little man inside me. And I only fall more in love with him with every kick to my ribs and jab to my bladdar he gives. I'm just not good at being pregnant I've decided! ;)
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I am so right there with you. I am DONE! It is a blessing to feel the movement of my sweet baby inside me but other than that pregnancy is NOT for me! I finally got scheduled yesterday for my c-section which is February 15. I have been having contractions for about 3 weeks now so I am really hoping I don't make it to 39 weeks. You really do look good. Hang in there neither one of us have much more to go.

    ReplyDelete