Like lots of other families, the E family has a very special elf friend who visits every December. Cinnamon is her name. Gabby and Lilly absolutely LOVE our 'elf on the shelf.' If you don't know about Elf on the Shelf, it is a story with an accompanying elf. The elf comes to your house and sits (or in our case can be found in lots of different places, doing lots of different things) watching your kiddos. The story goes that he then flies to the North Pole every night to tell Santa whether the children are naughty or nice. Then he flies back to his family's house and lands in a new spot. Each morning the kids have to search around and find him.
As you might notice, Gab and Lil aren't the only ones who enjoy this tradition. Shaun and I had just as much fun 'elfing' as G & L did finding him. Cinnamon is sorta a mischievious elf that happens to bring lots of goodies from the North Pole. The more ornery & more goodies, the better! This is one tradition that will be around our house for many, many years to come!
Cinnamon's Adventures in 2011
Things he brought to our house...
Times he was being relatively well-behaved...

Unfortunately those times were limited. Can you blame him? An elf has to have a little fun!
And, our favorite, Cinnamon painted our noses red like Rudolph while we slept!
I'd like to take ownership for all these creative 'elfing' ideas, but I can't. Thankfully I have many friends with endless elf ideas and lots of ideas online. I'm not sure how Cinnamon can step up his game for next Christmas, but he's got 11 months to figure it out!


















SO CUTE. I have to pass your ideas along to my dear friend that has to little kids. This is perfect !
ReplyDelete