Thursday, June 17, 2010

Snip Snip

Gabby and Lilly got their first haircut last weekend! I was determind to grow their bangs out so I wasn't keeping up with them every week while they are little girls. Little did I know that bangs would make a return this year. I don't really much care because I think their little precous faces look much better without hair on them! Here are some pics (and perhaps a little commentating) from the day!

Gabriella Rae

Checkin' herself out in the mirror...

This is just so great Mommy.

Lillyan Kristyne

Is it really necessary to take a picture of me like this...when I look like I could get reception from Mars?!?

Not a fan...I bet the dogs don't like being groomed either!

Despite the you-know-what-kind of looks Lilly gave me, both of our girls did so great when getting their hair cut. They sat in the chair alone, were still, and didn't make a sound. We went to this place a friend recommended called Snip Its. Everything is kid sized and decorated for children. They even have little TVs at each station so the kids can watch a show while getting a hair cut.

And while the girls did great, I was really having to control myself. You expect that when you go to get a haircut that the stylists have at least cut one other child's hair. Well, I'm not certain here. And, in hindsight I only freaked out because I had two kids getting identical hair cut at the same time. I'm all Why did you part down the middle and you the side? Why are you telling that girl how to cut MY CHILD'S hair? Shouldn't she already know?!? And, by the way, don't you realize that I can't have one child get a good haircut at the hands of the good stylist and the other look like Edward Scissor Hands cut her hair. One child with good hair and one with bad (as in not equal!) puts me in the bad mommy category! And, really, why would you put a pony and bow in like that? She looks like a poodle gone crazy!

Like I said, it was a good patience buidling, control freak controlling experiece for me. And thankfully the girls' hair turned out file. It is trimmed up a little and less frizzy.

Considering I still drive 3 1/2 hours to get my hair cut by the stylist I love and am used to, I can recognize that I'm a little high maintence. Hopefully I have another two years before I have to go through this again. Lilly agrees!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment