Miss G Getting a Closer LookAfter naps (afterall we'd been awake for 4+ hours by this point!), we set out for Navy Pier and The Chicago Children's Museum.

Navy Pier
We had lunch on the pier. McDonald's. They HATED it. Enough said. Then we walked, shopped, and just took it all in! We did let the girls out of the stroller some, but because Little Miss G didn't understand why she couldn't jump 30 feet off the pier in order to go swimming, they spent most of the time riding! I convinced Shaun to go on the ferris wheel. Little did I know that somewhere around the top of the ride I would freak out when realizing how stupid I was for taking my 1 YEAR OLDS on such a thing! They, however, loved it and I eventually calmed down!
Mama and Miss L
Dada and Miss G
This museum has an entire floor devoted to early childhood aged children and was so neat!
Not the best picture, but give us a break! We were playing, too!
We ended our adventures for that day and returned to our lavish room. We went swimming at the indoor pool. If you've ever swam inside ,15 stories up and had a birds-eye view of Chicago, you know how weird this swim was!To say G and L were exhausted would be an understatement. To say Mama and Dada were exhausted would be a gross understatement. So the question becomes 'How do you sleep with two babies, two pack n plays, an two parents in the same room?' I'm not speaking of space...there was plenty of space. The problem is that the parents have to hide. Yes, Dada and Mama spent 30 minutes or so hiding right outside our room, in the hallway while the girls were getting to sleep. Then we draped blankets, which the hotel was gracious enough to offer, over the top of the pack n plays until we were ready to turn in...which was like 5 minutes later! Just when you think you've thought of it all, you find yourself in a hotel room with twins...my experiece is that with twins you definitely learn something new each day.
Stay tuned...Chicago Day 2 soon!


No comments:
Post a Comment