Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Sweet Sandals

I made this quick, fun dessert for a recipe exchange recently. The theme was kid friendly foods and this is something kids will just love!

Ingredients:

Oval shaped store bought cookies (Nabisco Cameos, Pepperidge Farm Milanos, Vienna Cremes) or you could make homeade sugar or tea cake cookies
Frosting
Food coloring
Sour gummy worms
Rope licorice
Gummy candy
Graham cracker crumbs


How to:

Use food coloring to make frosting colors of choice. Frost cookies. For wide straps, snip the rounded ends of the gummy worms off, slice the worms in half lengthwise, leaving one end intact. For thin straps, cut rope licorice into four 1 3/4 inch pieces, cut one end of each piece at an angle and pinch togther to form two pairs. Press the straps, connected ends first, into the frosting. Use more frosting to add gummy candy jewels, if desired. Let the cookies set for 20 minutes. Arrange on a beachy hand towel and displace over graham cracker crumb 'sand.' Be sure to take these to your next sweet party and enjoy all the oohs and aahs that come your way.

I had a few of sweet sandals that I brought home from the exchange. The next day at lunch I showed G & L the little cookies and I thought they were going to go bananas. I told them that they had to eat a good lunch before they could have the 'sip sop' (as they call them) cookies. Let me just tell you that they have NEVER eaten so much in such a short amount of time as that day! They loved their 'sip sop' cookies and haven't stopped talking about them yet!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. These are awesome! I actually had to do a double-take at the picture! I can only imagine your girls were so excited about them. :)

    ReplyDelete