Saturday, May 15, 2010

Gabby & Lilly are TWO!

Dear Gabby and Lilly,

It is impossible for me to believe that you are two. However cliche it may sound, it seems like just yesterday you entered our lives and forever changed our world. You girls are the absolute light of my life. I enjoy so much being your Mommy. Here is a little about what makes each of you special at two years old.

Gabby, you are a firecracker. Your spunk is overflowing dear girl. I love that you are into everything and take advantage of each minute of each awake hour. You are very kind toward others. You tend to mother other small children. I hear you often saying things like 'Here, baby Sophie' or 'Baby cry Mommy. Baby sad.' You also share with other children...whether or not you enjoy sharing is a different story, but you are starting to understand that other children have feelings and you are kind hearted. You are also very ornery! It is no suprise that you have to sit in time out a couple times each day. Your usual offenses include hitting when you are upset or playing with things in a way that might break them. You are too cute when you sit in time out. You go to the time out chair which is down the hall a bit, sit, and immediately begin yelling out 'Sah-ee!'

You enjoy playing more and more each day. Your favorite toys are usually things around the house such as the broom, kitchen utensils, makeup, etc. You also love to rough house with your sister and jump all around the house. You love being outside and playing in the water is your absolute favorite thing to do.

You are now sleeping in a big girl bed. You usually stay in bed and have only gotten out one night (the night of your 2nd birthday...is that terrible twos setting in?). You recently (also on your 2nd birthday) figured out how to turn door knobs. If it didn't crack Mommy and Dada up, we might be upset about it! One thing that is so sweet is when we say our prayers at bed time. You fold your hands and try to mumble the prayers with us. You always say 'Amen' and sometimes insist on saying 'pares' at nap time too. I hope that you continue to feel comfortable saying prayers and that your faith continues to grow.

Gabby, you are a very smart little girl! You can count to 10 in English and Spanish with help from an adult. You also know bits of your ABCs. You know the letters G, L, and A. You also understand what the meaning of 'two' is. This is something that really suprised Mommy. Many times during the day you will get one book and then another and hold them up and say 'two books!' I totally think you are too young to understand the concept of two, but people tell me that it probably has something to do with the fact that you are part of a two-some. Who knows? Either way, you are brilliant!

Gabby, Mommy loves you so much! I have enjoyed the past two years more than words can describe. You are a blessing to our family and we look forward to many more fun years ahead of us! Always know that no matter how old or independent you are, you will always be my baby girl and you can always count on me to be there for you. I love you so much, honey girl.

Sweet Lilly, you are such a cuddle bug. You are Mommy's little shadow most days and I wouldn't have it anyother way! You are a little particular about how your day goes and a little shy around new people or situations. While Gabby is more likely to walk off with a stranger, you are a little more discriminating and seem more likely to run a full background check on anyone, stranger or not, before even speaking with them. I love that about you. You are also more likely to follow these days. For a long while you were more the leader between your sister and yourself, but lately you have come into your own baby-of-the-family role and seem to be fine with following your sister some...something else I love about you. You seem worried about so many things and make sure toys, blankets, clothes, etc are in the right place. I think it is fair to say that at two years old you are a little bit of a mini-Mommy! :)

You favorite things to do include reading books, galloping around, playing outside, helping Mommy cook, and writing! I look forward to watching what your life's work turns out to be, but my bet is on something having to do with writing or art. You just love it so much! You also enjoy running outside and can spend hours playing in the sandbox.

I am always amazed at what I see on your paper when you write. You know the letters G, L, O, and lower-case b. How you've learned some of those I don't know, but you definitely know the name of those letters and write them all the time. You also know the shapes circle, star, and heart. I'm taken back daily by how smart you seem to be, sweet girl.

You are absolutely in love with your 'buddy' which is your special pink and brown blanket. You've slept with this blanket since about the time you were one, but never used it as a comfort until this past February. Nowadays, you can't wait to get buddy when you come home and keep track of him all day long. He sits in the chair next to you to eat, is never very far away when playing, and always cuddled up to you during sleep. I never wanted you and sister to be attached to a blanket, but seeing how happy and comforted it makes you makes me reassured and pleased that you have a comfort item.

You are also quite the chatty cathy. You started out just recently saying lots of single words, but over night seem to be saying full sentences! It is amazing to me how we can communicate with each other using words! It is also really special hearing you and Gabby talk to each other. I know that before long I won't be able to get a word in, but your sweet voice is worth listening to all my days!

Baby girl you are so special to Mommy and Dada. You make me feel needed and loved so much. You amaze me everyday and are just challenging enough to keep me on my toes. I love that you are quirky and hesitant, beautiful and smart. I know that God put you in our lives for many reasons and we are so blessed He did! I love you more than I can even begin to understand. Know that I will always be here for you whether you need a band-aid for the smallest booboo or a shoulder to cry on for the biggest heartbreak. I love you so much baby girl!

Gabby and Lilly, thank you so much for teaching me what it means to love someone more than life itself. Thank you for challenging me everyday to be a better, wiser, stronger woman and mother. My life with you and our little family is blessed beyond belief! I love you so much baby big girls! Happy 2nd Birthday!

Love,
Mommy

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Aww!! Happy Birthday, Gabby and Lilly! What a sweet note to your sweethearts!

    ReplyDelete