I am thankful that my children are sick because that means I have children to take care of and nurse back to health.
I am thankful I do not know how to help them feel better because that means that I am here with them, not missing one moment of time and that I am able to feel compassion for others.
I am thankful I have to force fever reducing medicine in them because that means we live in a place where such medicine is available and affordable.
I am thankful for sleepless nights because that means I spend hours rocking my girls back to sleep.
I am just so frickin' thankful!
I am thankful that my girls sound like little piggies while sleeping because that means they are breathing and alive.
I am thankful they can work hard to breath because that means they are healthy and strong.
I am thankful I get to share my bed with my girls because that means I am needed.
I am thankful I can snap at my husband because that means he is still here and that is always a good thing!
I am thankful I have 18 hours of stuff to fit into one hour long nap...make that 25 minute long nap because that means life is full and abundant.
I am just so frickin' thankful!
I am thankful I can separate the girls during the night because that means we have a home and plentiful space.
I am thankful for the opportunity to hold one girl, hold the hand of another, keep a blanket from falling, and a paci from plunging AND try to use the restroom because that means that, after 18
I am definitely thankful for that!
I am thankful for cooped up times because down time is precious.
I am just so thankful.
And finally, I am thankful that my angel babies are well and back doing what they love most: playing outside!
I mean look at them...could I be anything but thankful?




No comments:
Post a Comment