Daddy took Gab and Lil to the Daddy & Daughter Dance for the first time this weekend! I'm really not sure who was more excited, the girls or daddy! G & L talked about going to 'the ball' for weeks! We decided to involve them in picking out their dresses, hair accessories, and shoes. Why? Because we like to torture ourselves. Hehe.
We went to 6 stores and finally found both dresses in the last place we looked. Poor Parker. He'll never be the same again. I have to share the story of finding the dresses because I want to remember it. So, we are in the last store. Lilly is combing through the racks in the middle of the dress section. Gabby is on the edges by the aisle. Almost at the exact same time, they found the dresses! In their minds, they were perfect. Perfection is pink and purples dresses that look nothing alike...to them anyway. So, what's the problem? Well Lilly's dress was her exact size. Gabby's was 3 sizes too big.
After all those stores and Parker looking at me like he was hanging on to his last strand of manhood, I bought that size 7 purple piece of perfection! Enter Grammie. Gabby called Grammie when we got home and confessed about what we had done. She asked her to fix her dress so it fit. And because my mom is the most awesome Grammie ever, she did! She made it perfect and the right size. :)
I will say that when you see the dresses below and how almost identical they are, you have to appreciate it. This is a 'twin moment' that us moms of twins talk about sometimes. When your kids are 30 feet away from each other and find almost the same dress at the same time and run to you holding it, you sorta kinda totally feel in the twilight zone. The maker of this dress is 'Rare Two.' Coincidence? Who knows!
After the dresses were purchased, we bought bows and made another trip to the mall for 'diamond' shoes. They begged for jewelry, but I decided enough was enough. They are only 3 afterall and have a really pretty strand of Stella & Dot pearls from a year or so ago that they ended up wearing. Upon daddy's request, I ordered two mini-corsages. Lots of hours, dollars, exhaustion, and fun shopping trips later, we were set!
On to the day of the ball...
Daddy putting on Lilly's corsage.
Miss Lil and her handsome Daddy
She's into pouty poses. Ah!
And attitude poses. :)
She's also a sweetie with her daddy.
Next it was Miss Gabby's turn. I loved these little corsages and would seriously prefer them to traditional ones even as an adult.
My sweet Gabby and the only man in her life.
Gotta love those smiles!
I just had to have a matching picture of Gabby kissing Daddy! And yes, I'm already hoping for something similar on her wedding day.
Sweet hugs from Gabby. Notice Lilly behind Daddy. I didn't see her in the picture the first few times I looked. I think its just precious how she's cuddling him from behind.
Hair..how could I forget to tell you about hair?!? Days before the dance, the girls were telling me how I was to do their hair. Lilly wanted it all up and 'swirly' on the top. Gabby wanted her's all down and 'twisty' on the bottom. It really made them look so different! I gotta admit that any more complicated than this and I'll be outta a job!
















No comments:
Post a Comment