Couldn't let the day go by without showing a little love to the dads out there, especially my own and the one I married. Love you both!
This year GLP (Gabby, Lilly, and Parker) and I had family over for a good 'ol cookout. We had delicious burgers with sauteed mustrooms and grilled onions and yummy homeade ice cream. It was delish!

I like to think of myself as a 'go all out' kind of gift giver. However, as I gain experience (I've decided not to ever say I'm getting older), I love giving special, sentimental gifts more and more. I had an idea for a picture a couple years ago, but knew the girls weren't quite old enough. So, when this year came around while the girls happen to be cooperative for pictures, I decided it was time!
This is the finished product!


It isn't everyday that you see a father like the man I married. He's not just kind and strong when necessary. He is sweet, encouraging, and tender. He's not afraid to step in and doesn't sit back and wait for an invitiation to be involved in the lives' of our children. He is building them up in a relationship and with a foundation that I could have only imagined the father of my children would have.

After the first weekend I spent in El Paso with Shaun, I called my mother on the way home. Her first words were, "When's the wedding?" After a little laugh, I remember saying to her, "Mom, I really, really like him now, but I really love the man I know he's going to be one day." (To which she answered that I should never tell a counselor that down the road if we had difficulties. Lol!) In my opinion, a man isn't made by money or his job. A man is someone who can come home from the job and the money, kiss some slobbery, peanut-buttery faced babies, pick up a crayon or a princess doll, and play the night away. To that end, I am so proud of the man my husband and the father of my children is and will always be.
Happy Father's Day Babe! You are not only loved, but absolutely adored by your children.

This year GLP (Gabby, Lilly, and Parker) and I had family over for a good 'ol cookout. We had delicious burgers with sauteed mustrooms and grilled onions and yummy homeade ice cream. It was delish!
I like to think of myself as a 'go all out' kind of gift giver. However, as I gain experience (I've decided not to ever say I'm getting older), I love giving special, sentimental gifts more and more. I had an idea for a picture a couple years ago, but knew the girls weren't quite old enough. So, when this year came around while the girls happen to be cooperative for pictures, I decided it was time!
This is the finished product!


All 3 are matted and framed together in one larger frame. He loved it! Yay!
It isn't everyday that you see a father like the man I married. He's not just kind and strong when necessary. He is sweet, encouraging, and tender. He's not afraid to step in and doesn't sit back and wait for an invitiation to be involved in the lives' of our children. He is building them up in a relationship and with a foundation that I could have only imagined the father of my children would have.

After the first weekend I spent in El Paso with Shaun, I called my mother on the way home. Her first words were, "When's the wedding?" After a little laugh, I remember saying to her, "Mom, I really, really like him now, but I really love the man I know he's going to be one day." (To which she answered that I should never tell a counselor that down the road if we had difficulties. Lol!) In my opinion, a man isn't made by money or his job. A man is someone who can come home from the job and the money, kiss some slobbery, peanut-buttery faced babies, pick up a crayon or a princess doll, and play the night away. To that end, I am so proud of the man my husband and the father of my children is and will always be.
Happy Father's Day Babe! You are not only loved, but absolutely adored by your children.



So cute. just love the updates !
ReplyDeleteI love the "We Love You" picture series! I have seen something similar before, and I'm glad to know in another ~year, our girls might be ready to pose! Right now, at 2 1/2, we're still doing handprints...and it takes many, many tries to get something more than a blob! HA!
ReplyDelete